Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A visit to York, PA

This week is spring break for my boys so my mom, the boys and I drove up to York, PA on Monday for an overnight trip to 1) visit friends of my mom, 2) visit my best friend from childhood who I had not seen in about 8-10 years and 3) visit the grave of my father who passed 10 years ago Feb 22 from Parkinson's Disease. We had glorious weather both days and it made for a nice, relaxing trip.

My friend Barbara and I camped together for 8 consecutive years at Camp Glenkirk in VA from 4th grade thru high school. My boys and her girls met for the first time and everyone had a great time chatting and catching up and even coloring Easter eggs. Her husband took us on a tour of one of the downtown York firestations late Monday night. Talk about a treat for my kids! On Saturday, he was awarded "Firefighter of the Year" at his station out of nearly 85 firefighters! Congrats Dave!

Be sure to click on an image to see it larger!









No comments: