Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Our Family Vacation -- Virgin Gorda, BVI

I have literally been putting this posting off for more than a week b/c i wanted to scan my, oh, 1000 or so images, for the best ones to post here. But i cannot decide and I keep putting this off so I'm just going to post some of my favorites for the time being.

My husband and 2 boys and I took a 10 day trip down to Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands. We flew thru San Juan and took a smaller plane (25 minute flight) into Tortolla (the Capital/main island of the BVI) and then ferried over to Virgin Gorda. I cannot express what a paradise this little island is. The natural surroundings, the birds, vegetation, flora, water, fish, etc were just eye candy. We stayed in a 2 bedroom house in Spring Bay on the southern part of the island next to the infamous Baths. The island is about 8 miles north to south and about 1/4 mile wide on the smallest part and 1 or 2 miles wide on the widest (I think). We spent every day snorkling on our beach and one day chartered a boat for 8 hours to see about 3 other islands. It was truly a great experience for us and the boys. I highly recommend it.

So here are a select group of images since several of my friends have been asking......and click on an image to see a larger version.







No comments: