Sunday, January 27, 2008

Baby Leah -- Session #2 of three

I have been slack! I have stuff to post but it's funny how the more work I have the more work I do, the faster I do it and the more I blog. And the same (or would it be opposite?) is true with the less work I have! I am enjoying more time to read novels, getting in bed earlier, watching TV (which I don't normally do) such as American Idol auditions and just not having pressure to turn my edits around as fast after my fall. But I know this is only for the months of January and February as once march rolls around, I have 2 weddings that month and portrait inquiries are already starting for spring in addition to other weddings. So it's fleeting!

Baby Leah is now about 7 1/2 months old and was crawling by the time she came in for her 2nd portrait session of her 3 -- as part of my "Bebe Collection" (3 portraits sittings at various intervals/milestones in the first year for $400). Leah's mom, my friend Amy, is planning on putting together a little 5x5 book of selected photos from each session after the 1 year portraits. In any event, I told Amy that she needed to bring Leah in AFTER she started sitting up but BEFORE she started crawling! We all know that window of time is short, but KEY for indoor portrait photographers!!! Naturally, it was hard to schedule that session b/c of the holidays and Leah was indeed crawling when she came in! She was all about crawling left, right or towards us and all we could do was laugh b/c we were sweating, picking her up and putting her back, coaxing her to stay still, everything possible! And I'm happy to report that despite that, we succeeded after reviewing the images! I did shoot a lot and have a bunch of fun photos so there is plenty for Amy to pick from. I am posting a lot here -- maybe making up for the time that has elapsed since my last posting! Or because Leah is a peach!

Post a comment here and let me know what you think!










No comments: