Thursday, February 7, 2008

Double take!

Last weekend was such a blast for me. I went down to Atlanta to visit some of my best friends from high school -- I went to a boarding school in PA called The Mercersburg Academy and while I get jabbed from friends who think I went to 'reform' school b/c they think I needed it (wink, wink) -- to clarify, it was actually a prep school. So while the academics just about killed me when I was there, I did do exceedingly well in making friends and playing sports! That counts for something, right? My grandfather, was a class of 1915 graduate and my father was 1943. How cool is that? One went to Princeton and the other to Duke. I can't say that I followed in their footsteps when it comes to going to a prestigious college but hey, were they having as much fun running their own business before they turned 40?

Anyway, it was such joy for me. Julie and PJ are adorable -- dated starting in 11th/12th grade(!!!!!), through college, thru med and PT school and now married 10+ years with 4 gorgeous kids later! They live in the most beautiful house in the most beautiful suburb, Marietta. I love it there and am amazed at the reasonable housing prices after DC! Makes me want to move there for just the housing alone. As a bonus, we got to visit with another one of my best friends from Mercersburg -- Matt! I hadn't seen him in nearly 10 years so that was truly a bonus. We sat around and talked, laughed and reminisced about our teenage days for an entire morning and afternoon!

I was also able to visit yet another good friend, Carolyn Black, who just moved to Marietta from Alexandria this past summer. She was my boys preschool teacher and we miss her. I was crushed when she moved b/c she was another loving mama to my boys and also a great buddy to chat about photography. How lucky she moved to Marietta too!

Lastly, I attended a photo seminar as I mentioned in a previous post called "Babies & Bellies". Good stuff -- marketing, posing, lighting and tricks to working with pregnancy subjects and babies. Will try to implement some of her ideas this year!

So take a look at PJ and Julie's kids. I had such a ball photographing them. We have Madelyn who is 7, Charleton who is 4 1/2 and the twins, Kip and Kaden (2) who were obsessed with shooting water from water bottles all weekend -- you may see one in a photo! They are gorgeous children -- smiley and giggly.












No comments: