Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thanksgiving at my mom's

For a change, I have a personal post here. I actually forgot to post these a couple weeks ago. My family spent Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's house -- a whole 2 miles from where we live. The day started in the low 70s and by dinnertime had dropped to 40s! It was pretty cool to see the cold front move in during dinner -- windy, dark, rain, leaves falling like snow. Yes, I realize this is an odd thing to think is 'cool' but this comes from someone who wanted to be a meteorologist!

In any event some of these shots were from the earlier part of the day -- clearly, when we were outside. Aren't the colors great? And finally, the one photo of the 4 ladies is my mom and her 3 sisters (my mom is 2nd from the right). This was a special Thanksgiving b/c 2 were visiting from Australia and the other from LA so this was the first time they were all here at my mom's for Thanksgiving -- ever! My mom grew up in the Philippines and is 3/4 Spanish - 1/4 Filipina which is why they are SO exotic looking! I get funny stares when I tell people where she is from b/c I certainly don't look the part and reactions are always priceless! Anyway, it's so fun to be around them as they laugh, make fun of each other, can't make up their minds which langauge to speak (including tagalog) and play mahjong -- a Chinese game they have played for decades. Like Gin Rummy but cooler and with words like "kong" and "pong"!





1 comment:

Momma Menon said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! Your mom is so pretty. :)