Saturday, November 17, 2007

Running on a cold morning

It's only 130pm on a Saturday afternoon and my day has been full already. I woke up this morning at 7am to frigid temps only to think that in less than 2 hours I'd be outside running with hundreds of kids and parents. Today was the 'Thanksgiving Fox Trot' for my son's school along with a few others in the area. This little race was a culmination of 6 weeks of training with a weekly running club after school on Wednesdays for Jackson. I joined him today b/c I knew this would be one of those parent-child memories I wouldn't forget. For one, I never did anything like this with my parents and loved the idea. Heck, I never ran 1 mile until I was in high school so I wanted to make sure my kid did this with me! Moreover, after a 7 year hiatus from running, due to medical reasons, I have just started back in early Sept and I wanted to challenge myself. Yes, I realize it's only a mile but again, as I near 40 and mentally prepare myself for that I had to try it. This was the first time I ran on pavement as well as outside in well over 7 years. And I'm happy to say I did it without stopping, as did Jackson and we weren't in the back of the crowd (eh-hem, but not in the front either). I loved it and look forward to more of the same thing! Thanks to Jack and Harry for cheering and smiling us on -- photos taken by our #1 fans.






No comments: