Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Heather & Sairam

I did it again. I cried at another wedding. I don't even think Heather and Sairam know I'm admitting this! Last year when I met with them during the interview process, I was so excited to learn of their Hindu+Christian wedding and distinctly remember telling my husband as soon as they left, "I want this one". I don't normally vocalize that for fear of disappointment but I was so excited at the prospect of photographing their day, I couldn't contain it. So needless to say I was thrilled to have been their chosen photographer. Their event was at the beautiful, historic White Hall Manor in tiny Bluemont, VA -- near the mountains, out past Leesburg, VA. It was a chilly spring day but no rain! Their families were so much fun and it was a great day for me.

Heather wore a Saree for the Hindu ceremony, which was first, replete with all the fruit, incense, and ceremonial aspects of the traditional Hindu ceremony. An hour later, she changed into her grandmother's 1951 wedding gown for the christian wedding ceremony. And believe it or not, an hour after that, she changed again into another saree that was a gift from her husband given to her DURING the Hindu ceremony. It was so exciting to shoot and be a part of their day. I am grateful to have become friends with Heather and Sairam too. They are a fabulous couple, very loving, relaxed, and fun to be around.

Here is a slideshow that I created for their overseas relatives who could not be there for the event along with some photos.

ENJOY!













2 comments:

Sarah Hodzic said...

Julia, looks like such a fantastic wedding day!!
What a wonderful event to be a part of, and what a super cute couple!

The images look awesome!
Great work!!

Momma Menon said...

Julia,
Sairam and I took a look at your blog while we were on our honeymoon. I couldn't stop crying during the slideshow. You captured some amazing moments and I can't imagine how wonderful all of the other photos are going to be. I am so thankful we have had the opportunity to have you as our photographer.
Heather