Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Huge move (update on 4/9: this was an April Fool's joke)

I am writing this note with mixed emotions -- we have huge news -- and no, we are not pregnant, but most everyone knows that Jack works for XM Radio which was just given the 'okay' to merge with Sirius last week. It's been a long time coming and in so doing, a lot of uncertainty loomed for Jack and our family wondering the future of his job there as well as our financial future. While he had a dreamy job there, the merge was just not something we are confident of. Consequently, he has just accepted a position north of San Fran near Sonoma at Skywalker Ranch, which is where Lucas Films is located. He will be the Director of Film Scoring studio at Skywalker Sound. Jack has dreamt of doing this and while I am a bit nervous about moving to the WRONG coast, we couldn't turn this down. My work can be done just about anywhere. We've already sold the house and will most likely rent when we first move out there. My mom has even agreed to come at some point! Jackson and Harry already have their tye-die wardrobe and I have my birkenstock's ready to go!




Please scroll down for more....
















APRIL FOOLS! You believed me, didn't you? Just for 2 seconds!!! COME ON, admit it!

10 comments:

Sally Brewer said...

Hah! I did believe you and I was thinking why didn't you tell us yesterday!!! :) Too funny.

Sarah Hodzic said...

Oh for the love G*$&%$#.....
I totally fell for it!

You are killing me!
I was thinking the WHOLE time...How on earth did she hide this from us at the workshop yesterday!!!!

Good grief! That was good.
I haven't been gotten that that in a LONG time.

Cheeky monkey!

Cheryl said...

Girlfriend, you are GOOD. I was totally schnookered :)

Hugs,
Cheryl Painter

Unknown said...

Thomas called and told me to look at the blog, but don't have a heart attack. Very funny! Thanks for the shoot on Sunday. We had a great time!

Erin J. Photography Blog said...

I hate to admit it, but you also got me, for longer than I care to tell you! I was thinking, "How can she do this! I just now got to meet her!" I was so relieved to see it wasn't true and that's the only thing keeping me from being mad at you. :-)

Armin de Fiesta said...

Well as soon as I read "LucasFilms" I didn't know what to think at first because I just pulled a good one earlier today on a friend of mine (photographer) saying I was meeting with Chelsea Clinton next week to discuss my wedding photography services... lol, had her going pretty good til I sprung the April Fool's on her. Nice job with this one though, Julia.

Jessica Del Vecchio said...

Hahahaha! You totally got me! I was thinking the same as Sarah - how could she have kept this from us all day yesterday!?

That was a good one!

Anonymous said...

Wow - you are some kind of mean, making me get all teary-eyed and sad about you leaving! :) I totally fell for it!

Anonymous said...

Worst April Fools joke ever:)

Julia MacInnis Photography said...

Reading these is so gratifying! I'm patting myself on the back to say the least!