Monday, March 31, 2008

Glorious, Glorious!

Just when I feel frustrated living in this town -- the politics, the changes, the weather, the politics (did I already say that?), I find something that renews my love for my hometown -- the beautiful downtown area.

Yesterday I spent a good hour or more with one of my hottie May couples, Thomas and Stephanie, up by the Capitol. I was lucky to not have been kicked off the grounds for snapping photos -- one of the reasons I rarely accept doing 'monument' shoots. Unfortunately, the Park Service requires permits for professional photography OR we can just push our luck and hope for the best, which is what I did yesterday and I'm thankful I did this. Aside from an overcast sky, the cherry blossoms were in full force this weekend and of course that meant insane traffic and crowds. But it also meant wonderful imagery. My wonderful husband was gracious enough to drive me and the boys downtown, dropped me off near the Capitol, then killed an hour or so of time with the boys so I could do this before coming back to get me.

I had a hard time narrowing down these shots b/c I rarely get downtown so I'm just excited to have a variety!












1 comment:

Sally Brewer said...

These are lovely. It was so fun seeing you yesterday!