Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My favorite song and film this year

I just had to post this You Tube clip from Jack and my all time favorite movie of the entire year, Once. We saw it last summer and since we are a music family, we were especially moved by this great indie film. They did a performance at XM in the early summer before they were really on anyone's radar. Jack came home that night and talked them up. I listened to their music and was blown away. It was truly refreshing and authentic. Had I known they were this good, I would have gone in to see the show. Hate when that happens!

Anyway, I highly recommend seeing it. These guys won "best song" at the Oscars this year. We couldn't have been happier for this win! I never tire of listening to this song and their others are equalling smashing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Swell Season was the name they went by with those two and a guy sitting on the floor playing a
moog bass synth. The session was amazing and we knew it, but we had no idea the rest of the world would agree and hand them and Academy Award for Best Song From A Motion Picture! Great movie too...
~Jack