Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Something different for me

Well this is certainly not something I do regularly -- I save it for those expensive 'headshot' photographers who know what they're doing. I really didn't -- I was somewhat 'winging it' but felt my brain had enough technical know-how and creative thinking to execute this - and I'm referring to the indoor lighting challenges that come with properly exposing the outside light with the subject inside! Backlight presents enough challenges to explain.

I was asked by my lovely and loyal friend, Heather, to help her father-in-law out with some shots in his downtown DC office. His office is moving in a couple weeks and wanted to document this location/view from his office. No doubt he did! Take a look at this! I mean, this is not something you see often in DC. At least I haven't. His office was as close to the Capitol as you can possibly get without being INSIDE the darn building. This is a true view from his office. I was stunned. To help it all -- we had a beautiful winter day with no clouds and the trees outside his office were still naked from winter. Perfect day, perfect time of year!

And I am throwing in a pix of Heather and me for good measure. She was my trusty photo apprentice holding the remote flash about 5 feet away to help with reflection in the office. Otherwise, I could not have done this.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you rocked it mrs julia! way to go!

isn't that location fabulous? i did an event there last year.